Anyone can make a referral to the Child Development Centre. To make a referral click on the referral button at the top of the page or call us. If you are making the referral on behalf of a family, please make sure the family knows about the referral and is in agreement.
In addition to our admin staff, we employ speech-language pathologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, developmental therapists, therapy assistants, psychologist, teacher, intake coordinator and diaganostic coordinator.
Call us if you have any questions or concerns about your child's development. We can help answer your questions or help you make a referral to see one of our therapists.
We also welcome feedback from families and community members and collect information on a yearly basis. Please feel free to give us a call at anytime. If you have concerns about our services we will listen and respond in a fair and timely manner. Click here for our complaint policy.
The Child Development Centre offers a variety of programs designed to meet the unique needs of children and families. Some of the services we offer include:
- Ideas to try at home;
- Developmental assessments and follow-up
- Groups for children and/or parents;
- Visits to childcare centres; and
- Child and Youth Diagnostic and Support Services.
Therapists and families work together to develop a Family Plan that includes goals the family said are important. We provide a wide range of services; from families with questions about behaviour to families whose child has just recieved a diagnosis.
We see children and families in their home, childcare centre, at the Child Development Centre or anywhere in their community that suits them best.
We travel to all the rural communities to see families. Teams of therapists visit communities monthly or bi-monthly, staying for 2 - 3 days in communities that are farther away. Click here to see our current travel schedule.
We also offer services through our office in Kwanlin Dun, which is located in the Dusk'a Headstart Family Learning Centre in Kwanlin Dun.
The Follow Along Program
This program is for parents who want to know more about their child's development, what to expect next and the chance to ask questions. It is for children birth to 3 years of age. Call us if you are interested in a Follow Along appointment for you and your child.
What You Can Expect From Us.....
The Child Development Centre is committed to providing quality service using a family centered approach.
We will listen and value your opinions, ideas and culture.
- You and your family are the key people in your child’s plan and progress.
- You are an expert on your child.
- You are the ultimate decision-maker for your child.
- We will welcome and support you in whatever ways you want to participate.
Our services will be of excellent quality
- Our staff is highly qualified to provide early intervention and family centered care.
- We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
We will keep information about your child and family confidential and private.
- We will not give out any information about you or your family without your permission.
- However, confidentiality can be broken if your child may be in danger of neglect or abuse or the court subpoenas the information.
We will work with you to create a Family Plan within 3–6 months of regular service.
- The Family Plan will come from your family’s priorities and needs.
- You know best what kind of involvement or support you and your child need. We will provide our therapeutic opinions and together create a plan that makes sense.
We will give you information.
- We will give you information that will help you make decisions about the care that will best meet your child’s needs.
- We will let you know the benefits and risks to any intervention that is suggested.
- We will talk with you on a regular basis and try and provide information in a timely manner.
- We will answer any questions you have.
You can have access to your child’s personal health information.
- We will provide you with copies of your child's written reports and assessments.
- If you would like to look at your child's file, put your request in writing to the executive director and arrangements will be made.
We will listen to your concerns.
- If you are not happy with the services you and your child are receiving please tell us.
- We will respond to your concerns in a fair and timely manner.
- Your concerns will never result in a barrier to receiving services.
Our Integrated Therapeutic Preschool